How to make an application NOT uninstallable like build-in apps

by Explore Android » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 05:19:39 GMT

 Hi All,

I am working on social networking application and our company/operator
requirement is that the user should not be allowed to uninstall this
application like any build in applications.

How can we make our application be NON uninstallable?

Any pointers, greatly appreciated.

How to make an application NOT uninstallable like build-in apps

by Explore Android » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:04:07 GMT

 Hi Jean,

Thanks for your response. I understand.

1. Which View/Layout does the Market app (1.6) details activity use?

Having rows that should be selectable screams "use ListView" to me,
because rolling that yourself could be messy.

Whether you use MergeAdapter or your own custom BaseAdapter is up to
you. Your own custom adapter class gives you more control; MergeAdapter
is plug-and-play.

BTW, if you elect to use MergeAdapter and have questions, please join
the [cw-android] Google Group and post the questions there -- no sense
in cluttering up this list.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.0
Available!

--

2. Fwd: Power button functionality (sleep/resume/wakeup)

To list

-- Ashwin